Apparently I love dill and lemon together. I already have this recipe on here and now I’m adding a new Dill and Lemon dressing to the mix!!
What can I say, dill is one of my favorite herbs! And did you know dill is full of so many health benefits?!
Here are a few of them:
- Plant-based source of calcium
- Anti-bacterial-fights off infection internally and even externally, ancient cultures applied burnt dill seeds to wounds in order to prevent infections. Pretty cool!
- Dill can improve digestion functioning by managing stomach acid levels which can reduce acid reflux and soothe an upset stomach
I had no idea dill was that cool:)
So anyway onto the recipe! This was my dinner last night:
Definitely a plantpower powerbowl. It is very light and refreshing too, which is perfect for springtime!
Quinoa Veggie Bowl with Lemon Dill Dressing
- 3 smaller carrots, shredded
- 1/3-1/2 zuchinni, shredded
- 2-3 kale leaves lightly sauted (or you can leave raw)
- 1/4 cup of kabocha squash
- 1/3 cup of quinoa
- 1-2 scoops of sauerkraut
- sundried tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 sheet of nori, torn
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 Tb lemon juice
- 1 Tb sauerkraut “juice”
- 2-3 tsp sunflower seed butter
- 1-2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 TB nutritional yeast
1. Mix together the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
2. Put all veggies and quinoa in a bowl. Top with dressing.
Note: You can really use any veggies your heart desires. This sure was a tasty mix though!
I’ve used the dressing as a marinade for tofu before as well and loved that! I’m sure it would be great on chicken or fish also!
Let me know if you try this out!
What is your favorite herb or flavor duo?