Happy Independence day to all the American’s out there celebrating!! I hope you all are spending time with friends and family and thinking about how much you love America;) 😉
And to everyone else happy Thursday:)
Anyway, I started my day off with this delicious red, white, and blue parfait to be festive but it’s a perfect meal for any day really. It’s completely plant-based, full of fiber, protein, and healthy fats to keep you satisfied.
Here’s the the recipe:
Red, White, and Blue Overnight Oat Parfait
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1.5 TB chia seeds
- 3/4-1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other liquid of choice)
- 1/3 banana mashed
- 3/4 scoop of vegan vanilla protein powder (I use this one)
- a few strawberries, sliced
- a handful of blueberries
- 1.5 tsp virgin coconut oil
- spinkle of cinnamon
- optional: mixed nuts or seeds for topping
1. In a bowl mix together oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, and milk. Mix in the mashed banana. Cover and let soak overnight in fridge or for about 15 min if making the same day.
2. The next morning or while oats are soaking, mix protein powder with a couple tablespoons of water to get it to a frotsting consistency.
3. When the oats are done soaking it’s time to make the parfait! Layer the oats, protein frosting, coconut oil (1/2 tsp at a time) and fruit as shown above in a jar or tall cup. (Or if you’d rather just mix it all into the bowl! But parfaits are just so much more fun!)
4. Top with seeds or nuts if using. Enjoy!
I love how the coconut oil hardens when it’s cold. Adds delicious bites of coconut to the mix:) I hope you try this recipe out!
Have a wonderful day! We are off to see Despicable Me 2 soon and then probably going to a friends to watch fireworks!
What are your plans for the day? Lighting any fireworks?
Do you like Despicable Me? (I’m a little bit obsessed myself)