I have some wonderful things to share with you today! If you don’t know already I follow a mostly plant-based diet with a few eggs and bowls of Greek yogurt thrown in there from time to time. I started eating this way because for me personally, that’s how I feel best. I also believe it is the the most sustainable way to eat. It’s good for the planet, good for our bodies,and good for the animals! Win win win:)
Earlier this year, the creator of Vega, Brendan Brazier launched thriveforward.com which is a free online program where you can get personalized information to help you gain optimal health through plantbased nutrition. It’s really cool. This week they added something new! A recipe center called Thrive Kitchen. I’ve been scrolling through it all morning making a list of all the awesome recipes I want to try! Seriously check it out. There are so many good looking recipes to try,not to mention they are all healthy and nourishing for our bodies.
My mouth is watering. haha.
Before I go I wanted to share my lunch with you! It’s not quite as beautiful as the above photos but it was definitely yummy!
Miso Avocado Noodles with Chickpeas
- 1 small or about 3/4 of a med/large zucchinni, spiralized. (could also use a julienne peeler or a grater)
- 1/3 of a carrot, spiralized
- 1/2 cup chickpeas (I spritzed mine with a little braggs liquid aminos)
- 1/4 cup of fresh corn
- 1/4-1/3 avocado
- 1 tsp of miso paste
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Optional: A couple of scoops of sauerkraut
1. Warm the chickpeas in a pan if desired.
2. Mash the avocado, miso, and lemon juice in a bowl and then mix into the noodles.
3. Top with corn, chickpeas, and sauerkraut if using!
4. Note: As always, you can use whatever veggies you would like for the “noodles”. Zucchinni and carrots are just my favorite! Other options: cucumber, jicama, raw beets, shredded cabbage, etc.
Easy peasy and delicious.
Hope you all have a fabulous thursday!
Do you enjoy eating plant-based meals?