Good morning!! Welcome to this Marvelous Monday post!
I hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was busy!! But great:)
Dom is moving into his own office for work this week so our Saturday started off early, picking up desks and moving them to his office:) We had a long relaxing drive in a U-haul van and it was actually kind of fun!
Later that day we met up at a pumpkin patch/corn maze with some of my family! It was a beautiful day out!! We are usually freezing when we go each year but Saturday was a gorgeous warm day!
So we made some friends with a goat at the petting zoo. They are kind of adorable. We all picked out some pumpkins too! We got a white on and I got a couple of kuri squashes and a buttercup squash which I’m super excited about!
Dom had a little bit of work to do so we headed home after that. Later we went to Whole Foods for dinner. I had been craving salmon all week and although I try to follow a mainly plant-based diet I also try not to ignore any cravings I have either. In the past I used to and it never turned out well! Glad I am passed that now:) And I’m glad I smashed this craving!
I got a piece of lemon salmon and my favorite veggie rolls that come with a yummy peanut sauce. I dipped my salmon in the peanut sauce too and it was so good! It totally hit the spot!
For a treat Dom and I each picked out a french macaroon! I’ve never tried them and have always wanted to because they just look so cute!!
Pistachio for me, raspberry for him. They are pretty tasty:) I like how light they are and the light almond flavor from the almond flour.
The rest of our weekend was pretty low key. I did make a yummy breakfast on Sunday though that I’d like to share. This is what happens when you don’t know what to eat! I just mixed up a couple of my favorite things and it turned out pretty good! Chia puddings are super yummy, If you haven’t tried them yet, do it!! I know my girl Meg loves them! I have some other chia puddings here on my blog and Meg has some great ones too on hers. So check them out!
- 1/4 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 TB chia seeds
- 1/3 cup of raw oats
- 1/4 cup of peanut flour or 1.5 to 2 TB of natural peanut butter
- Pinch of coarse sea salt (if using peanut flour)
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
1. Start by mashing the banana in a bowl. Add the the coconut milk, chia seeds, and oatmeal.
2. Mix it all together and let sit for about 10 minutes. You can also make this the night before but it works great in the morning too:)
3. In the meantime mix together your peanut flour, cinnamon and salt with about 4 tb of water until you get a thick peanut butter sauce consistency. Or if you are using peanut butter instead, mix that with the the cinnamon and 1-2 TB of water until you get a thick sauce sauce consistency.
4. When your oat mix is ready, layer it with the peanut butter sauce and enjoy!
Well I’m off to get my workout in for the day which will be this one! Have a great monday!
What was marvelous about your weekend?
Have you ever tried a french macaroon?