Hello and happy Friday! I hope everyone has had a fantastic week.
I know I have. It’s been a busy one, but it’s been filled with goodness. Here are my five favorite things from this week!
1. This smoothie recipe. Let’s call it the Glamorous Green Smoothie. Because it’s green and makes you feel fantastic! I’ve enjoyed this smoothie a couple times for my quart of smoothie a day challenge (which i’m really enjoying)! It so satisfyingly creamy.
- 1 frozen banana
- 3 leaves of romaine lettuce
- 1/2 of a cucumber or 1-2 stalks or celery
- 1/2 avocado
- small knob of ginger, grated
- 3/4 scoop of chocolate or vanilla vegan protein powder (great with either flavor)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 ice cubes
- Optional: 1 tsp of maca powder
- Optional: if you don’t want to use a protein powder I would suggest adding 1 date some more sweetness.
Blend everything together and enjoy!
2. Ingrid Michaelson’s new album that came out this week. I think she is super cool and her new album does not disappoint!
3. This website I came across, ResponsibleEatingAndLiving.com. I have been looking for a good podcast to listen to that focuses on a whole foods, plant-based lifestyle and I finally found it in this website! It has some great stuff on it and I’ve listened to some interesting interviews this week while at work including this one with Tom Campbell, MD . If your interested in eating more whole plant based foods, check it out!
4. Celebrating Dom and I’s 5 year anniversary. That’s our total time together. Next month will be our 4 year wedding anniversary! Anyway, last night we hiked up to the spot where we had one of our first dates. It was nice to spend that time together. I’m a pretty lucky girl to have spent the last 5 years of my life with him <3.
5. As far as workouts go this was my favorite for the week. Probably because it involved doing Power cleans, which I haven’t done for awhile! It felt good. Well bad, then good once I was done;)
Here is the breakdown of Brave Fitness Workout #4
Core Craze Workout
Do 3 rounds for time:
- 55 strict mountain climbers (r+l=1 rep)
- 44 conditioning curls (I used 15# dumbbells and each curl counts as 1 rep)
- 33 Kettlebell (or Dumbbell) swings (25#)
- 22 Swipers (r+l=2)
- 11 Clean and Press (45#)
This took me just over 22 minutes. Let’s see if you can beat my time!
I guess that about covers my week. I hope you all have a very happy Easter weekend spent with loved ones!
What was your favorite thing from this week?
Are you a fan of Ingrid Michaelson?