Welcome to Monday. Hope it was a great weekend for everyone!
I’m a few days behind seeing as how we are already a few days into November! Oops! But I want to make sure I finish recapping my breakfasts from the month as well as recapping the rest of my October Goals.
As for my goals I reached my goal of participating in the October Breakfast Challenge! I was able to have a different breakfast everyday of the month and I loved it! It helped me come up with a few new recipes that I otherwise wouldn’t have and also try several new to me recipes from others that were also awesome!
Here are a few more of my favorite breakfasts from the month:
I saw this recipe on Kylie’s instagram feed. But it might be on her blog as well. It is a pumpkin peanut butter overnight breakfast cookie! It was super yummy and so easy! I topped mine with banana slices.
This was a high protein buckwheat pancake that I made based on a recipe from peachypalate.com.
Here is what I did: 1/4 cup peanut flour+1/4 buckwheat flour (I just ground up raw buckwheat groats)+1/2 tsp baking powder+1-2 TB of pumpkin puree+1/4 coconut milk+1/4 cup of water+plus some cinnamon. Mix everything together and cook just like any pancake!
I topped mine with homemade almond butter, banana slices, and my strawberry lime chia jam!
My final breakfast of the month was a very approriate for Halloween because of the orange color!! Recipe below.
Banana Sweet Potato Chia Pudding Parfait
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup raw oatmeal
- 1/2 liquid of choice (i.e. almond milk, coconut milk, water)
- 1 TB Chia seeds
Sweet Potato Layer:
- 2.5 oz cooked sweet potato
- 1 TB peanut flour (optional)
- 1/4 cup of liquid of choice
- 1 TB Chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated ginger
- cinnamon to taste
Nut butter Layers
- 2 TB Peanut flour
- a dash of salt
- 1 TB nut butter of choice (I used almond butter)
- 2-3 tablespoons of water
1. Blend together banana, oatmeal, and liquid in a blender, place in bottom of jar and mix in chia seeds.
2. Mix together ingredients for the nut butter layer until it reaches a thick sauce consistency. Top banana layer with 1/2 of the nut butter mix.
3. Blend together all ingredients for the sweet potato layer except chia seeds. Mix in chia after blending and place into jar.
4. Top with the remainder of the nut butter sauce.
5. Optional: not with cacao nibs or mixed nuts/seeds for some added texture and crunch:)
Let me know what you think if you try any of these out!
As for my other goals:
Study my Scriptures everyday: I did still miss just a few days but I was more focused while reading this time and I feel I got more out of them this month than I have. Still something to work on:)
Prioritize my time better: I ended up being very busy this month! Which is a good thing and I feel like a got a lot done this month that will help me reach my career goals so I’m very happy:)
Well that’s all for October! Now it’s time to embrace this new month of November! This is one of my favorite months because it really starts to feel like the holiday season and it also includes my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving of course!! Although I could definitely do without the freezing cold weather!! Anyway, no real new goals for the month. Just want to focus on being thankful for all I have during the month and enjoying this time of year!
Have a wonderful day!