This is going to be a fun post today because I was nominated for a Liebster Award! Sweet Amanda from Amanda Browning Nutrition nominated me:)
I “met” Amanda on Instagram. Amanda and I both share a love of food, health, and fitness; especially in the form of kale salads and big nutrition packed smoothies! She is always so kind and supportive of my posts and I just love her positivity!! She has plans of becoming a Registered Holistic Nutritionist one day and from what I can tell, she really knows her stuff. Not only that, she lives it! She will do great things I’m sure of it.
Thank you, Amanda, for the nomination!
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions you were given.
3. Nominate other blogs with less than 500 followers.
4. Post questions for your selected nominees to answer.
5. Tag and link the nominees and post a comment to let them know you have nominated them and appreciate their hard work.
Here are the questions Amanda asked me:
1. What “comfort food” reminds you of your childhood?
I’m going to have to go with tacos for that one. In my house we would have homemade tacos every first sunday of the month. I try to keep the tradition up because I love it. The tacos I make look a little different now that I don’t eat meat but beans and veggies are a great sub for that! Tacos were probably the first thing I really learned how to cook besides toast and ramen;) My toppings of choice: tomatoes, lettuce, corn, and hot sauce. These days I add avocado as well.
2. What helps keep you grounded in today’s busy world?
Counting my blessings and my husband Dom. He has the ability to stay very calm, even when I am not. He brings me back down to earth when I’m going out of my mind for one reason or another.
3. What is your favorite kitchen appliance and what do you make with/in it?
These days it’s gotta be my Ninja blender. I use it daily. I use it to make almond/coconut milk, peanut butter, almond butter, blended soups, sauces, and of course smoothies! So thankful I have that blender, it saves me lots of money on store bought nut milks/butters!
4. Is healthy eating important to you?
Yes, absolutely. For one, I feel a lot better physically when I’m making healthy eating choices. I want my food to provide me with health, energy, mental clarity, stamina for tough workouts, and happiness of course. Healthy eating does that for me. Also, for me, eating healthy also means buying organic when possible and avoiding GMOs. This is also important to me because I prefer to support companies/farmers that are doing good in the world and not companies who just want to make a buck by creating inferior products and calling it food.
Now I nominate:
Maria at Maria Trains. I met Maria at the GPP Intensive Training last July and have kept up with her through Instagram. She is awesome and very inspiring. She is a health expert and personal trainer. Her recent journey of intuitive eating has really inspired me to keep listening to my own body, treat myself with love, and to always keep a positive body image!
Here are my questions for you:
1. What is your favorite music to listen to during a workout?
2. What is your favorite vegetable? Least favorite?
3. What or who inspires you to live a healthy life?
4. What is your dream job? Or do you already have your dream job?
5. What is your favorite place you’ve visited and why?
I’ll be back later this week with a new recipe!
Have a great day!
If you’d like, you can answer the questions in the comments below!